Check out BorgWarner's amazing new web-based turbo selection program. Here are some of the key features:
- The MatchBot program helps anyone to choose the right turbocharger(s) for their application.
- There are help icons next to each input to give users some guidelines if they don’t know the exact information.
- The input fields are pre-populated with common data points.
- The MatchBot gives horsepower and torque estimations for each rpm selected as well as fuel requirements, air temps and a lot of key information for building a complete system.
- Pre-populated compressor maps: once the data is inputted into the program, by selecting different compressor sizes from the drop down menu, the MatchBot displays the compressor map and plots the data points on that map. It is very easy to see how compressor choice affects the overall match suitability.
- Turbine mapping. This is part of the “black magic” in selecting turbochargers. Most manufactures won’t release turbine stage flow sizing and none of them will help an average enthusiast plot and use those maps to choose the right combination. MatchBot has the maps up and automatically plots the data points.
- Finally, tutorials and FAQ’s: To further explain the interface and how everything works (because it is a little complicated), BorgWarner has made 4 tutorials to go over each aspect individually.
Try it yourself at: http://www.turbodriven.com/performanceturbos/matchbot/index.html .
Stand Out: Eric Monroy’s 2006 Honda S2000
Eric L Monroy fell in love with Honda’s S2000 from a young age. At first it was the car’s design and style that lured him in, but from there he saw...
For The First Time In Forever: Ryan Tuerck's 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback
At a recent private test at the legendary Irwindale Speedway, Ryan Tuerck got behind the wheel of his 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback for the first...
All New Rockstar: Fredric Aasbo's 2020 Toyota GR Supra
At a recent private test at the legendary Irwindale Speedway, Fredric Aasbo got behind the wheel of his 2020 Toyota GR Supra for the first time and...
R34LEST: Darren Shady's 1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R
The pinnacle of every GT-R fanboy’s wildest dreams. For many enthusiasts of all ages, this is the top of the totem pole. Timeless design, pop culture...
Turbosmart Gen-V IWG BorgWarner EFR Twin Port Sensor Cap
Turbosmart Gen-V tech meets the Internal Wastegate Actuator range for all BorgWarner EFR turbochargers. Twin port control for maximum boost...
Papadakis Racing Reveals Dyno Results for 2020 Toyota GR Supra Engine Project
New engine build is put to the test for popular YouTube series finale Engine builder Stephan Papadakis today reveals the engine dyno results for...