Check out BorgWarner's amazing new web-based turbo selection program. Here are some of the key features:
- The MatchBot program helps anyone to choose the right turbocharger(s) for their application.
- There are help icons next to each input to give users some guidelines if they don’t know the exact information.
- The input fields are pre-populated with common data points.
- The MatchBot gives horsepower and torque estimations for each rpm selected as well as fuel requirements, air temps and a lot of key information for building a complete system.
- Pre-populated compressor maps: once the data is inputted into the program, by selecting different compressor sizes from the drop down menu, the MatchBot displays the compressor map and plots the data points on that map. It is very easy to see how compressor choice affects the overall match suitability.
- Turbine mapping. This is part of the “black magic” in selecting turbochargers. Most manufactures won’t release turbine stage flow sizing and none of them will help an average enthusiast plot and use those maps to choose the right combination. MatchBot has the maps up and automatically plots the data points.
- Finally, tutorials and FAQ’s: To further explain the interface and how everything works (because it is a little complicated), BorgWarner has made 4 tutorials to go over each aspect individually.
Try it yourself at: http://www.turbodriven.com/performanceturbos/matchbot/index.html .
5 Weeks To Build A SEMA Car: Falcon Creations AutoLab 1998 Mazda RX-7
We get a walkthrough of the 1998 Mazda RX-7 built by Falcon Dinis and the Falcon Creations AutoLab crew for SEMA 2022. The RX-7 stands out at the Cold...
RB VS Everybody: Ryan Litteral's 1999 Nissan Silvia
The General of the RB Army, Ryan Litteral, on his trials and tribulations on the road to the perfect drift S15 The Formula Drift Pro grid is a...
2SHAYT: Shay Bisconer’s 1995 Toyota Supra
Ever since the first time she first laid eyes on a Mk4 Toyota Supra, Shay Bisconer was hooked. Growing up helping her dad in the garage with his cars...
Bavarian Frankenworks: George Dalmakis' 1973 BMW 2002
A BMW 2002 in Appearance Only Having previously built a show-stopping E30 M3 EVO with an S54 engine swap, George Dalmakis was no stranger to...
Stand Out: Eric Monroy’s 2006 Honda S2000
Eric L Monroy fell in love with Honda’s S2000 from a young age. At first it was the car’s design and style that lured him in, but from there he saw...
For The First Time In Forever: Ryan Tuerck's 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback
At a recent private test at the legendary Irwindale Speedway, Ryan Tuerck got behind the wheel of his 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback for the first...