Metra Electronics is now shipping new speaker adapter plates that fit an assortment of Tesla models. These new products were introduced at the SEMA show in November and expanded the manufacturer's line of audio system solutions. These adapter plates have innovative features such as breakaway tab designs and mounting that mirrors the factory location so that no drilling is required.
New products available now include:
Standard or Premium Audio System Speaker Adapter Plates
Metra's new speaker adapter plates are designed to make installing aftermarket speakers in select
Tesla models easy. These plates are sold as a pair and are available in options designed for
upgrading a variety of speaker sizes, including:
- Installation of 6.5"-6.75" speakers to fit Tesla Model 3 2017-Up*, Model Y 2020-Up* (82-8600)
- Installation of 3.5" speakers to fit Tesla Model 3 2017-Up* and Model Y 2020-Up*. This product also fits Porsche 2012-2020*, BMW 2003-2022*, and Range Rover 2013-2021* (82-8601)
- Installation of 6.5"-6.75" speakers to fit Tesla Model X 2015-Up* and Model S 2012-2022 (82-8602)
- Installation of 6.5" speakers to fit Tesla Model X 2015-2021 and Model S 2012-2022 (82-8603)
- Installation of 6.5"-6.75" speakers to fit Tesla Model X 2015-2021 (82-8604)
- Installation of 2.5" tweeter speakers to fit Tesla Model X 2015-2021 and Model S 2012-2021 (82-8605)
Premium Audio System Subwoofer Enclosure Adapter Plate
Along with these other audio upgrade products, Metra is now shipping a subwoofer enclosure adapter plate. It is designed to fit Tesla Model 3 2017-up* and Model Y 2020-up* with premium audio systems. The 82-8606 is sold individually and is designed for the installation of an 8" subwoofer.
*Visit MetraOnline.com for up-to-date vehicle specific applications.