Nextmod Markham x Nextmod Mississauga Dealer Spotlight.
Neal Woon-Fat started out in the car scene as a VW guy, building a 1.8T that was once featured right here in PASMAG. Once he was done with his VW, Woon-Fat started looking around for something more. With a love for racing history and a childhood love of cars inspired by video games, the R32 Skyline GT-R was one of his favorites. As soon as he got the chance, he pulled the trigger on the 1990 Nissan Skyline GT-R you see here.
Of course, the version you see here took a while to achieve. The first iteration of his car, dubbed “Pinky,” was an all pink stock-bodied version of the R32, complete with bolt-ons, wheels, and a handful of mods both inside and out. As the years went by, Pinky remained largely unchanged, until the day Woon-Fat saw the Pandem kit for the R32. As soon as he saw the kit, he knew what he had to do.
Making the first major change to the build in years, the car was torn down, and its pink parts were sold off. Now tired of the old look, and looking to market his TBA brand, he opted for a bright red look to compliment the new Pandem widebody. Changing up the look at ground level is a set of 18-inch Work Meister L1 wheels, wrapped in Nitto Invo tires for maximum grip. The entire setup comes closer to the ground thanks to BC Racing coilovers.
Inspired by Japan Grand Touring Car racing, the R32’s performance had to match its aggressive looks. Under the hood is a potent combination of N1 turbos from an R33, HKS turbo actuators, a Nismo intercooler, Brian Crower valves, springs, and retainers, Wiesco forged pistons, and other supporting modifications to bolster the RB26DETT to a respectable 375 whp.
Today, the car serves as a prime example of what dedication and determination can do for a build, especially with key partners like Nextmod involved in collaborative efforts with Woon-Fat’s TBA brand. Keep an eye out for this GT-R at upcoming shows in the Toronto area this coming season.
Neal Woon-Fat's 1990 Nissan Skyline is featured in PASMAG #153. Click HERE to order.
- Nismo (FMIC, 1.2mm head gasket, oil cap, rad cap)
- HKS turbo actuators
- Nissan R33 (oil collar, N1 turbos, N1 oil pump, N1 water pump, N1 crank bearings, N1 connecting rod bearings)
- ARP head bolts
- Brian Crower (valves, springs, retainers)
- Wiesco forged 87.5mm pistons and rings
- GReddy (intercooler piping, fuel rail, oil catch can, radiator deflector, oil cooler, oil filter relocation kit)
- Koyo Type Z aluminum radiator
- M’s Factory hi-flow air intakes
- Blitz BOVs
- FAL slim electric fan
- A’PEXi L-Jetro standalone
- Bosch fuel pump
- 680cc injectors
- Vibrant Performance(hoses, clamps)
- GReddy Power Extreme II exhaust
- HICAS delete
WHEELS / TIRES / BRAKES
- Work Meister L1 3-piece wheels - 18x9.5 -55 (f), 18x11 -55 (r)
- Nitto Invo tires - 265/35/18 (f), 295/35/18 (r)
- VTTR (6-piston calipers, 330mm cross-drilled front rotors, stainless brake lines)
- Rear cross-drilled rotors
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
- BC Racing coilovers
- Nismo (front strut bar, rear strut bar)
- Nismo front bumper air ducts
- Nissan N1 headlights
- Seibon vented carbon fiber hood
- TBO open mouth grille
- Ganador mirrors
- Pandem widebody kit
- Rear roof spoiler
- Rocket Bunny 240sx duckbill trunk spoiler
- Ignited 6000k HID bulbs
- Car Shop Glow taillights
- Key!s Racing steering wheel
- Nismo (gauge cluster, steering wheel hub, shift knob)
- Bride (seats, seat rails, custom rear seats, custom floor mats)
- Defi BF series gauges (boost, EGT)
- GReddy A-pillar dual gauge pod
- C-Shift short shifter
- JDM (leather shift boot, leather handbrake boot)
- Vibrant Performance pedals
AUDIO / MOBILE ELECTRONICS
- Clarion (VRX765VD multimedia head unit, SSS501 Signature Series component speakers, PXW1052 10-inch subwoofers (2), DPX2251 amplifiers (2))
- KnuKonceptz (Kolossus Fleks Kables, Klear speaker cable, Krystal RCA Kables (2), Kompact Kap (2), KonFUSED 3-way distribution block, KonFUSED ground distribution system, KonFUSED battery terminals, ANL fuse holder)
- TBA Brand
- Driven Toronto
- Pancross LLC