Photography by Evano Gucciardo (@evog)
With 50% of the Popular Vote, Kalvin Mailli is the Winner of the PASMAG Tuner Battleground Competition at Street Scene.
Kalvin Malli has owned many editions of Nissan’s famous 240sx - the 1990 one you see here being one of eight! After looking for a properly clean shell for three years to build, he finally found the right one in May of 2013, collecting dust in a barn for years. With just 67,000 original miles, original paint, and no rust at all, it was the perfect candidate for someone like Malli who truly loves the S13 platform.
Within the first three weeks of owning the car, he had an RB20 swapped in and running. It wasn’t long after engine swapping that he had a fuse box ruck, engine work, and wiring completed all by himself. His time spent building the car also allows Malli to create content for his YouTube channel, inspiring and educating other enthusiasts who might be timid to get their hands on some of the more complicated processes.
Since then, his RB20 has been bolstered with the help of a Precision Turbo 5558 turbocharger. Along with the supporting mods, this bumps power to a respectable 380 horsepower. Keeping things focused on function, a set of lightweight 17-inch Enkei RPF1s are enlisted alongside Stance GR Pro+ coilovers, Voodoo13 billet tension arms, and ISR’s pro arm kit in the front and rear. Between the suspension arms and the RPF1s sits a Brembo brake conversion from a Cadillac CTS-V to bring the whole package to a stop.
The entire car is kept simple and clean on the outside, with the most noticeable modifications being a pig-nose front lip, G2Carbon B-pillars, and a set of 180sx Kouki tail lights for extra JDM style points. Inside, you’re met with more G2Carbon trim, Corbeau seats, and a Nardi steering wheel, among other stylistic additions like P2M floor mats and Malli’s own custom gauge panels.
While the car is already looking like the dream for some, Malli says he is never really done, and has some plans up his sleeve to change things up even more. Keep an eye on his YouTube channel to follow along!
Kalvin Malli is featured in PASMAG #153. Click HERE to order.
- Precision Turbo turbocharger
- Megan intercooler
- Raw Brokerage hoses
- Tial (Q BOV, 38-mm wastegate)
- K&N air filter
- Custom (air intake, intake manifold, fuel rail, grounding system)
- Sard fuel pressure regulator
- Walbro fuel pump
- Bosch injectors
- NGK spark plugs
- ECU Master
- ISR exhaust
- CXRacing header
- Custom down-pipe
- Blast pipe exhaust type
- Mckinney mounts
- Custom screamer pipe
- Competition Clutch (clutch, flywheel)
- P2M shifter
- Shaftmasters 1-piece steel drivetrain
- J30 differential
WHEELS / TIRES / BRAKES
- Cosmis XT-005R wheels - 18x9 +25 (f), 18x9 +25 (r)
- Achilles Sport 2 tires - 235/40/18 (f/r)
- Brembo Cadillac CTS-V calipers
- 13.7-inch front rotors
- 10-inch drilled/slotted rear rotors
- Custom brake lines
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
- Stance GR Pro+ coilovers
- Energy Suspension bushings
- Solid PBM subframe bushings
- JDM Type X Kouki (side skirts, rear spats, tail lights)
- Auxbeam headlights
- Dark Blue Metallic vinyl wrap
- LED (headlights, marker lights)
- BLOX shift knob
- Nardi Personal steering wheels
- Custom (shift boot, gauge trim)
- AEM gauges
- Glowshift gauges
- Corbeau A4 seats
- P2M floor mats
AUDIO / MOBILE ELECTRONICS
- Kenwood (head unit, sub amplifier)
- Skar (6x9 speakers, 6.5 components, tweeters)
- Stinger distribution block
- Interstate battery