EBC’s acclaimed two-piece, fully-floating front rotor now available for various M-badged sports cars (including ‘Competition’ and ‘CS’ models)
The motorsport product arm of EBC Brakes – EBC Brakes Racing – is pleased to announce a new addition to its two-piece fully-floating brake disc range: the 380x30mm SG2F006 disc for the BMW M2/M3/M4 (F8x-badged models). The disc uses a novel two-piece hub design which reduces unsprung rotational weight that has such a profound impact on vehicle driving dynamics. Ideal for regular track-goers and cars boasting high levels of tune.
- EBC’s two-piece fully-floating 380x30mm discs are a simple bolt-on upgrade that seamlessly replace the original ‘pin-drive’ brake disc without vehicle modification.
- Unlike the stock pin-drive discs which do not float, EBC’s SG2F fully-floating rotor allows the outer cast-iron friction ring to expand freely with temperature, totally eliminating disc ‘warping’.
- Discs are grooved unlike the original rotors which are perforated. This allows the pad to vent without the holes becoming epicentres for disc cracking.
- Race-derived G3500 grade high-carbon cast-iron is used for the friction rings. This high-quality metallurgy possesses greater crack resistance and an increased ability to conduct and then radiate heat.
- Aluminium bells are machined from aerospace-grade aluminium and then hard anodized for longevity, whereas the stock brake rotors use uncoated cast aluminium bells.
- Cast-iron friction rings feature 48-curved vanes and are handed for each side of the vehicle. This significantly improves the brake discs’ ability to radiate heat, increasing brake system endurance and prolonging the onset of brake fade.
- Bobbins are machined from stainless steel which cannot rust, ensuring the disc continues to float freely throughout its entire life cycle on the vehicle, even on road cars.
- Spring clips ensure totally silent operation and eliminate off-brake disc rattle.
- Friction rings can be replaced individually after they have become worn, allowing the aluminium bell and stainless steel bobbins to be re-used, leading to lower long-term operating costs.
SG2F006 rotors will fit the front axle of the following vehicles:
- F87 BMW M2 3.0 Twin Turbo 2016-
- F80 BMW M3 3.0 Twin Turbo 2014-
- F80 BMW M3 Competition 3.0 Twin Turbo 2016-
- F80 BMW M3 CS 3.0 Twin Turbo 2017-
- F82 BMW M4 3.0 Twin Turbo 2014-
- F82 BMW M4 Competition 3.0 Twin Turbo 2016-
- F82 BMW M4 CS 3.0 Twin Turbo 2018-
For more information, visit ebcbrakes.com.