Michael Fredrick has always had an appreciation for Mitsubishi’s Lancer Evolution of all generations, but the Evo 8 was the one that stood out to him as the must-have car for himself. Around five years ago, Fredrick purchased his 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution in its bone-stock form. Like many before him, he intended to keep the car stock. We all know how that ends.
Within a short time of ownership, Fredrick changed his tune and started shopping for parts. It wasn’t long before that Evo 8 began a transformation inside and out. Once he started getting those parts on the car, things started to snowball. He would stumble upon more and more aftermarket offerings that he felt would be perfect on his car.
Over time, the Evo received some power bumps in the form of HKS 272 cams, and an ETS 3.5-inch intercooler, anodized gold for extra style points. Speaking of style points, Fredrick’s undying love for Work Meister wheels helps style go even further, with an 18x13 set of 3-piece S1 Meisters sitting beneath the Clinched widebody fenders, albeit just barely.
All in, Fredrick’s Evo 8 is a good example of a clean and simple handful of modifications intended to extend the car’s original prowess. With future plans that include dialing in the fitment with widebody and wheel adjustments, it’s great to see someone implementing their vision and sticking to it.
Photography by Jose Chavez (@chaajoo)
As featured in PASMAG Issue 166. Click Here to order.
Owner: Michael Fredrick
Location: Neenah, WI
Vehicle: 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
Engine: Mitsubishi 4G63 2.0L Turbocharged I4
Horsepower: 300 (est.)
TBGLIVE Event: Hot Import Nights
TBGLIVE Event IG: @hotimportnights
TBGLIVE Event Location: Hot Import Nights Minneapolis
Popular Vote: 21.4%
- HKS 272 cams
- ETS 3.5-inch gold anodized intercooler
- AMS turbo-back exhaust
WHEELS / TIRES / BRAKES
- Work Meister S1 3-piece wheels - 18x13 (f/r)
- 326 Power large spike lug nuts
- Hydro-dipped Brembo brake calipers
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
- Fortune 500 coilovers
- Swift springs (16k/14k)
- BWR adjustable control arms
- Whiteline (end links, tie rod ends)
- Seibon carbon fiber (hood, duckbill trunk)
- Rexspeed (carbon fiber vortex generator, carbon fiber diffuser, carbon fiber front lip)
- JDM Evolution rear bumper
- Clinched widebody
- Downstar gold anodized hardware
- Street Faction carbon fiber chassis-mount wing
- Orafol Crystal White vinyl wrap
- JDM Evolution 7 tail lights
- Evo 9 MR leather recaros
- Rexspeed carbon fiber shift knob
- Vertex steering wheel
- NRG carbon fiber quick release hub