of Clear Headlights in Time for National Headlight Safety Month
Hazy headlights are one of the most important and often overlooked safety obstacles for drivers. Yellowed, cloudy, or scratched headlights can reduce visibility to roadside debris and compromise important reaction time for drivers, particularly in autumn and winter when facing fewer daylight hours. 3M, a proven leader in auto care solutions, is shining the light on safety concerns and uncovering the benefits of driving with clean, clear headlights just in time for National Headlight Safety Month (October).
Plastic headlights can withstand impact, but they can't avoid natural factors that dull and discolor their surface. 3M offers a variety of do-it-yourself headlight restoration solutions that can remove yellowing, grime, and haze to improve the clarity of lenses in a single afternoon’s time. In addition to improved safety, there are also significant cost-benefits to restoring instead of professionally replacing lenses. Using a DIY kit to tackle hazed headlights can save more than $150 to $1,000 in replacement costs.
3M’s offerings stand out from other similar options because they’re backed by a longstanding history of industry innovations and expertise that delivers it all:
- Rooted in science – Distinguished from peers by the “hard science” behind its products, 3M takes a smarter approach in developing products that deliver superior results for DIYers as simply as possible.
- Based on professional system – Designed using the same techniques and processes as top mechanics, but at a fraction of the cost of professional services.
- Built with proprietary technology – All kits feature 3M’s innovative Trizact™ abrasive along with a series of sanding discs, a buffing pad, and a compound designed to remove the exterior buildup for maximum shine.
- Available in a variety of options to suit all DIY levels – Including drill-based systems or handheld systems that work easily on most plastic lenses, including taillights, trailers, snowmobiles, emergency vehicle light bars, and plastic motorcycle lights.
- Cost-efficient – Using a drill and the 3M Headlight Restoration System to tackle hazed headlights can help save more than $150 to $1,000 in replacement costs.
Using 3M’s comprehensive kits like the Headlight Restoration System, Lens Renewal Kit with Protectant, and Headlight Restoration Kit – No Tools Required, drivers can take the simple steps to restore lenses, improve visibility, and safely enjoy another season of clear cruising.
The entire 3M Auto line can be found at retailers wherever automotive products are sold. For more information on 3M Auto products, visit www.3MAuto.com.