Photos by Josh Krump
Clean and simple with just the right amount of "oomph", Samantha Plante's 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR definitely deserves the recognition.
In the power department, WORKS Performance Brain Flash ECU upgrade and some Cosworth Power cams help the turbocharged 4G63 engine throw down 330 all-wheel horsepower and 345 lb-ft of torque. This build is a family affair, with Plante's husband offering tuning advice and her father-in-law helping turn the wrenches.
Pairing that with some MTX thump and an immaculate fit and finish inside and out, it's no mystery why this Evo took the TBG: LIVE title at the Part Source Charity Bike & Car Show with 78 percent of the popular vote! Female owned. Female built. Well deserved. Time to play some catch-up, boys!
KILLER COMBINATION: Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position tires wrap around the tasteful, black Enkei Raijin wheels. Looking past the spokes, you can see red Brembo calipers peeking out. Together, the three scream performance, even while standing still.
RIGHT AT HOME: The custom painted white interior pieces cut a stark contrast against the predominantly black and red-accented interior. Sitting in the red-stitched leather Recaros while pounding away on that aluminum shift knob and feeling the boost spool sounds like an awesome place to be!
NEAT & TIDY: A super clean bay matched with great components is always a winner in our book. The Injen intake color-matched to the bay, and carbon plug cover over the spotless valve cover are huge point scorers. With the power figures this Evo is pushing, that GT Spec strut bar is probably of more use than show.
ROUNDING OUT THE REAR: That's one smooth booty! The removed emblems accentuate the cleanliness factor, while the vortex generator on the roof and Evo VIII spoiler on the trunk go hand in hand when speed is involved. Check out the exhaust cut out for that 3-inch pipe! The WORKS titanium cat-back definitely sings a wicked song.
#TBGLIVE Event: Part Source Charity Car & Bike Show 2014 - Northbay, Ontario, Canada
Votes: 78% of the Popular Vote
OWNER: Samantha Plante
LOCATION: Verner, Ontario, Canada
VEHICLE: 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR
ENGINE: Mitsubishi 4G63 turbocharged 2.0L I-4
HORSEPOWER: 330 AWHP
TORQUE: 345 LB-FT
CAR CLUB: Street Authority
SOCIAL: Facebook, Instagram
- WORKS (valve springs, titanium retainers, Brain Flash P2 ECU upgrade)
- Mishimoto intercooler
- Injen (intercooler piping, short ram air intake)
- Deatschwerks 300+ LPH fuel pump
- Cosworth 272 Power cams
- FIC 1100cc High-Z fuel injectors
- NGK Laser Iridium spark plugs
- AMS small battery kit
- WORKS (titanium cat-back, Exhale down-pipe, Exhale muffler)lMegan Racing (header, test pipe, 02 manifold)
WHEELS / TIRES / BRAKES
- Enkei Raijin wheels - 18x8.5 +40 (f/r)
- Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position tires - 245/40 R18 (f/r)
- Brembo brakes 4-piston (f), 2-piston (r)
- EBC Redstuff brake pads
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
- Bilstein shock absorbers
- RCE springs
- Hotchkis rear sway bar
- Energy Suspension front control arm bushing
- GT Spec strut bars (f/r)
- Megan Racing (rear lower control arms, rear toe arms)
- Cusco front power brace
- Extreme Dimensions JDM-style EVO IX (front bumper, fenders)
- Pearl White paint HID lights (10000K low beams, 8000K high beams, 3000K fog lights)
- Blue LED exterior lighting
- Mitsubishi JDM custom dash
- Aluminum shift knob
- MOMO steering wheel
- Innovate gauges
- Rexspeed carbon fiber gauge pod
- Recaro seats
- Blue LED interior lighting
- Custom painted interior pieces
- Kenwood DNX7180 head unit
- MTX (600W amplifier, 12-inch subwoofer)
- Custom sealed fiberglass enclosure
- Ultimate 60A fuse holder
- 4-gauge power wire
- WORKS Performance, Mishimoto
Contributor: Josh Krump