Inc Ridez is a custom audio/video and upholstery shop in Surrey, British Columbia, Canada. The owner and operator, Roop Gossal, was awarded as a Top 12 Installer of the Year at the 2022 Mobile Electronics Industry Awards - so you just know how talented the team is over there. One of their good clients dropped off their Mercedes S550 and told them to add some bass but also had a weird request - to make it look like a spaceship. So Roop obliged (naturally) and this is final product.
Extensive work was done to the trunk. The back trim panel consists of 8 individual mounted panels while hiding the birch sub box, which is home for 2 12-inch Focal KX subwoofers.
- Carbon is the first layer that you see between the Mercedes logo
- The backing and spacer was made from sintra plastic
- The acrylic Mercedes badge was milled down with a CNC machine out of a 2-inch piece of acrylic
- A quarter of an inch edge-lit plexi was used as backing
- Black acrylic was laser cut and designed to match the Mercedes Burmester speaker grill
- More edge-lit plexi framed the black acrylic
- The leather was used to cover the entire trim panel
- Carpet was trimmed and blended into the factory trunk
A matching amp cover with 5 additional individual panels was also fabricated for the 2000-watt Focal amp. And it’s all being held together with magnets!
For the interior, a LED starlight headliner and some ambient lighting were added to complete the ‘spaceship’ look.
As seen on PASMAG's Tuning 365 (Season 3 Episode 10) on REV TV.