Photography by Adam Delgadillo
Not all car enthusiasts start their passion in the scene from young ages before they can even drive - some find themself drawn into the scene by surprise later on. Nabor Organista is one of those enthusiasts. He didn't actually become involved in the car scene until around 22 years old. His first car was a beat up diesel Mercedes, and after installing a sound system, he found himself more and more interested in cars.
From there, his passion grew, landing him in a 1962 Chevrolet Bel Air, and then a 1996 Acura Integra. As he started working farther from home, he wanted to find something more daily-driving oriented, and he ventured down to the local Subaru dealership.
Stumbling upon a 2013 Subaru WRX STI would be the beginning of a long journey, but Organista didn't know this at the time. He drove the car for about a month before the itch to modify started to take over. What started out as small modifications and wheels eventually snowballed as he fell in love with the car's performance.
Today, the STI features a built engine making plenty of jam, a full Varis Ultimate body kit, and a beautiful set of Rays Gramlights 57DR wheels. Both function and form were big focuses in Organista's building process, and he executed on both of those things flawlessly. His story is a true example of finding your own way to do things right in our crazy car scene.
- Tomei (up-pipe, equal length exhaust manifold)
- Turbo XS BOV
- COBB Tuning SF intake w/ airbox
- DeatchWerks DW3000C series fuel pump
- Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors
- Clark Turner tune
- Tomei (Expreme Ti titanium cat-back exhaust, V2 catless straight downpipe)
WHEELS / TIRES / BRAKES
- Rays GramLights 57DR wheels
- Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires
- Brembo calipers
- StopTech rotors
- Hawk Performance pads
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
- BC Racing coilovers
- Whiteline (24-mm sway bars, end links)
- Varis Ultimate body kit
- Seibon carbon fiber hood
- Password JDM gurney flap
- Beat-Sonic BLA2T antenna
- Status 5-point harnesses
- Rally Innovations harness bar
- Grip Royal Champ steering wheel
- Works Bell tilted hub
- Verex shift knob
AUDIO / MOBILE ELECTRONICS
- Pioneer (AVHX490BS touch screen head unit, speakers)
- Twerkshop Hero Garage