08 April 2011|
Year Established: 2010
Facebook Group Page: Division R Performance
Myspace Page: N/A
PASNATION Team Username: Division R Performance
Locations / Chapters: (East/West GTA) Toronto, Vaughan, Woodbridge, Brampton, Mississauga, Richmondhill, Ajax, Oshawa, Maple. Expanding to Different locations near future for more growth and exposure.
# of Members: 25+ “Approved members” and on an expansion. Exclusive and prestige image offered with quality cars.
President / Founder: Sam Afzali
- Drop-tech suspensions
- Speed Star
- Shinzo Media
- Varrstoen Wheels
- Kjohn Car innovations
- Low Rise Customs
- Forged Performance
- Bimmersport Automotive
- Proper Specs
- Northside autosport
Individual Vehicle Sponsors: Varrastoen Wheels, Drop-tech suspensions, Low Rise Customs
Introduction: Division R Performance has begun a journey in 2010. It’s a Car club, show team & event management. With various cars and models offering the highest quality street tuners with OEM+ appearance while under the bonnet the motors are waiting to be challenged.
Club / Team History: Division R Performance started in 2010 by bringing together a group of car enthusiast who share the passion for high end tuners in conjunction to promote local and international performance events and various shops. Over the previous years, founder of the club, Sam Afzali was involved with various car events and builds in which involved allot of promotions and management. His love for modifying and tuning different vehicles has grown substantially over the years.
Our dedicated show team, will be demonstrating performance along with creative styling to achieve higher standards and set unique visions for sponsors and other car clubs. With over fifty local and international shops to support, we are always willing to expand and achieve new goals.
Awards / Accomplishments: 7 shows attended up to date with 39 awards earned! With 3 Cars featured on Stance Is everything.
- Best Car Club/Largest Team (OPC 2010)
- Best Car Club (Sight & Sound 2010)
- 2nd place Nissan (OPC 2010)
- Best Negative Camber (Drop-tech)
- 1st Place Nissan/Infinity (Sight & Sound 2010)
- Best Negative Camber (Sight & Sound 2010)
- Lowest Ride (Sight & Sound 2010)
- 1st place - Nissan 2DR (Street Outlawz Show & Shine 2010)
- Best Negative Camber (350z/G35 Supermeet)
Mike (Civic EG)
- 1st Place Honda (OPC 2010)
- 1st Place VW (OPC 2010)
- 1st Place VW (3rd Annual Kjohn Show & Shine)
Luis (Mk3 Jetta)
- 3rd Place Vw (OPC 2010)
- 2nd Place VW (3rd Annual Kjohn Show & Shine)
Pedro (Audi A3)
- 1st place Audi (OPC 2010)
- 2nd place Audi (Sight & Sound 2010)
- 2nd Place - VW/Audi (Street Outlawz Show & Shine 2010)
- 1st Place Audi (Strawberry Fest 2010)
- 1st Place Audi (3rd Annual Kjohn Show & Shine)
- 2nd place Import Other (OPC 2010)
- 2nd Place Import Other (Summer sizzle 2)
- 1st Place Import Other (Sight & Sound 2010)
- Best Interior (Sight & Sound 2010)
- 1st Place Subaru (Strawberry Fest 2010)
Dipesh (300 ZX)
- 3rd place Nissan (OPC 2010)
- 3rd Place Nissan 2DR (Street Outlawz Show & Shine 2010)
- Best JDM (Street Outlawz Show & Shine 2010)
- Best Z Classic
- Lowest Ride (Drop-tech)
- Lowest Ride (Summer sizzle 2)
- 2nd Place Toyota (Street Outlawz Show & Shine 2010)
David (Mk4 Jetta)
- 2nd Place VW (OPC 2010)
- 1st place VW (Sight & Sound 2010)
- 2nd place import other (Sight & Sound 2010)
- Best Rims (Sight & Sound 2010)
- 1st Place - Import Other (Street Outlawz Show & Shine 2010)
- 2nd place - Nissan/Infinity (Sight & Sound 2010)
- 2nd place - Nissan 2DR (Street Outlawz Show & Shine 2010)
Jay (EK Coupe)
- 2nd place - Honda Civic (Street Outlawz Show & Shine 2010)
Media Coverage (feature / articles):
- Varrastoen First Time Attack Wheels
- Featured article and event coverage on Stance Is Everything
- Featured article on ProperSpec
Shows Attended: 7 This year and over 10 more lined up for this year to end alone.
- Performance World Car Show
- Show Down when the Sun goes down
- LKQ Keystone Open House
- OPC 2010
- Drop-Tech’s Show & Shine
- Summer Sizzle 2
- Sight & Sound 2010
- Strawberry Fest Car & Truck Show
- 350Z/G35 Supermeet
- 5th Annual Voicecoil Meltdown & Tuner Jam
- 3rd Annual Kjohn Car Innovations Car Show
5th Annual Voice Coil Meltdown & Tuner Jam Show & Shine ( June 27, 2010)
3rd Annual Kjohn Show & Shine
Since the club was established in 2010, it is fairly new, keeping that in mind more accomplishments are underway and more recognition is the goal of the club while maintaining the prestige image.
The first opening meet was held on Sunday April 18th, 2010 by Dave & Buster Plaza near HWY 7 and 400. Weekly meets are organized at various locations throughout the GTA which can range from a few cars to the whole crew depending on location and availability. In addition Dyno meets / photo shoots and other gathering are underway.
Membership / Modeling Details:
Division R Performance currently holds many over the top cars, mixed with some very cleanly modified ones as well. The focus of this club is based on OEM+ look with heavily modified performance and tuning. Your attitude reflects on the "membership approval" we're looking for individuals who are looking to actively participate, not just run a decal. Most new members will begin on a trial membership to start.
Qualifications include but are not limited to :
* NOT stock and plan on many modifications in the future
* NO Lambo doors, Under glows, or excessive modifications
* Upgraded sound package or engine modifications
* Upgraded rims and suspension
* Dedicated and willing to participate in car shows / meets and automotive events
* Car needs to be unique, command attention and be able to wow people
* No current team obligations
* Magazine coverage, awards and current sponsors will also help greatly
Division R Performance holds a variety of tuners under its belt ranging from Euro’s to imports and other domestics. The main image that is represented “show stopper street tuned cars”. One thing that is common amongst all members, is cleanly and heavly modified OEM+ vehicles.
"I’m proud and honored by the dedication and effort of the Division R Performance Members/Models. The entire team show numerous accomplishments throughout the year at various shows. We hope to expand and maintain our image moving forward to be one of the top Street Tuners in the scene." Sam Afzali, Division R Performance President.
Special Thanks goes out to our club support and sponsors including Peter from Nextmod, Kieron from Kjohn car innovations, Albert from Speedstar. Mike from Shinzo Media, Davis from Selective Sound and the rest of the people that helped our team through-out the year.