Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. is now shipping the ICS-X7HD in-dash app receiver. The ICS-X7HD is Alpine’s first product that aggregates a variety of information and entertainment content. It was recognized with an Innovations award in the In-Vehicle Audio category at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), held earlier this year in Las Vegas, NV.
“As consumers increasingly look to the cloud to consume their entertainment and information, the natural progression of this use has moved to the in-vehicle space,” said Steve Crawford, vice president and general manager, aftermarket business unit, Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. “The ICS-X7HD gathers this content and applies Alpine’s proprietary user interface, so people can access their information in a manner that is relevant and simple for in-car use.”
The ICS-X7HD is a mechless AV receiver with a 7-inch WVGA touchscreen. It comes with a built-in HD Radio™ receiver and BT Plus Bluetooth® wireless technology with advanced audio streaming. The ICS-X7HD can access cloud–based content and services such as:
- Siri Eyes Free Mode – The ICS-X7HD will be available with support for Siri, the intelligent assistant that helps you get things done just by asking. Through the ICS-X7HD, customers with a compatible iPhone* running iOS 6 can direct Siri to perform a number of tasks while they safely keep their eyes on the road and their hands on the wheel. To further minimize distraction, Siri takes hands-free functionality even further with an Eyes Free mode which enables you to interact with your iPhone using nothing more than your voice while keeping your device’s screen from lighting up.
- Aha – Aha by HARMAN™ can be launched through the iPhone on the ICS-X7HD. Aha aggregates tens of thousands of audio stations, giving drivers access to everything from web-based music, news, social media, podcasts, audio books and live weather information, to personalized “Hungry” and “Hotel” stations of restaurants and hotels. Users simply install the free Aha Radio app on their iPhone to access a world of content with Aha. When the iPhone is connected to the ICS-X7HD via USB, the driver can store the phone and enjoy and control their favorite Aha stations directly from the ICS-X7HD.
- MirrorLink – MirrorLink takes content from compatible Android™ smartphones and “mirrors” this information onto the ICS-X7HD’s 7-inch screen. At this point, the phone’s functions are transferred to the ICS-X7HD, for easy control from the dash and allowing the phone to be safely stored away. Phone functions that can be used via MirrorLink include navigation, music streaming and hands-free phone calls. MirrorLink is an automotive standard developed by the Car Connectivity Consortium.
Smartphone users will find the ICS-X7HD’s interface to be similar to the everyday functions they use on their phones. Icons can be moved on the ICS-X7HD’s screen through a drag and drop motion, on-screen functions are controlled by swipe and slide gestures, and animated transitions move the user from one function to another. Favorite apps can be assigned for quick access through a short press of the Home key, while a press and hold of the Home key brings up all available functions of the ICS-X7HD.
Other entertainment and information sources available through the ICS-X7HD include Pandora® internet radio control through compatible smartphones, SiriusXM compatibility (requires tuner and subscription, sold separately), full music control from an iPod or iPhone, and the App Direct mode for basic control and operation of compatible iPhone apps.
The ICS-X7HD is available now at authorized Alpine retailers.
ICS-X7HD In-Dash App Receiver
- AV system with 7-inch WVGA touchscreen
- Siri Eyes Free Mode
- Aha infotainment through iPhone
- MirrorLink for compatible Android smartphones
- HD Radio™ receiver built-in
- Pandora internet radio control via compatible smartphones
- SiriusXM-Ready (requires SXV200 and SiriusXM subscription, sold separately)
- BT Plus Bluetooth® wireless technology with advanced audio streaming
- SRI: $800.00
* Siri is available in Beta only on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad (3rd and 4th generations), iPad mini and iPod touch (5th generation), and requires Internet access. Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas, and features may vary by area. Cellular data charges may apply.